- To generate an enthusiasm for learning amongst the students, so that they willingly seek to gain knowledge and understanding about the world around them.
- To provide students with the guidance, information and resources necessary to help them learn.
- To teach students the skills necessary for effective and efficient learning.
- To provide students with a positive learning environment.
- To develop a sense of pride amongst the students, so that they always aim to achieve the highest possible standards of work in all subjects.
- To foster the personal qualities, skills and self-confidence necessary for success in their chosen career and personal life.
- To develop amongst all students a sense of respect for themselves, other individuals, their own and other communities, and their environment.
We believe that these aims are more likely to be achieved if there is a partnership between the school, the students and the parents based on mutual trust, respect and understanding.
As a beginning, we are asking you to commit to an agreement with the school so that all concerned may be clear about our mutual aims and expectations now and in the future.
Our School Promise
- To provide, as far as possible, a secure and welcoming environment.
- Care for each student’s safety and happiness.
- Deliver the National Curriculum and provide a broad and balanced education which aims to meet the individual needs of each student.
- Ensure that homework is set, marked and monitored.
- Report regularly to parents and provide opportunities to discuss students’ progress.
- To support parents/guardians through the period of their child’s transition from primary to secondary school.
- Contact parents / guardians if there are concerns about attendance, punctuality, behaviour or progress.
- Respond sensitively and promptly to any concern or complaint raised by a parent/guardian or student.
- Provide information and guidance about careers and higher education.
Parents and Guardians
- To support the aims of the school.
- Ensure that my/our child attends school punctually and with minimum absence.
- Ensure that my/our child is properly dressed in correct school uniform.
- Ensure that my/our child completes all homework set to the best of his/her ability and in reasonable working conditions.
- Attend Parents’ Evenings and meetings about my/our child’s progress.
- Not take my/our child out of school during term time without the explicit permission of the Headteacher.
- Advise the school of any concerns or problems which might affect my/our child’s progress.
- Work constructively and cooperatively with the school to resolve any concerns about attendance, punctuality, behaviour or work.
- Attend school punctually and with minimum absence.
- Bring necessary equipment and books including pens and pencils to all lessons.
- Complete classwork and homework as well as I can.
- Ask teachers for help when I have problems with my work.
- Behave responsibly at all times.
- Observe the school rules.
- Wear my school uniform and be tidy in appearance.
- Be polite and respectful to others.
- Conduct myself at all times in such a way as to enhance the school’s reputation within the community.