They are taught to be aware that the religious traditions of Great Britain are, in the main, Christian, and that religious traditions in Great Britain are diverse. GCSE Religious Studies at EBS aims:
- To help students think critically and sympathetically about the place of religion in the world around them.
- To explore all aspects of religious belief and practice in Christianity and Islam.
- To help students explore questions about the meaning of life, e.g., Why am I here? What is really important?
- To encourage students to reflect on the religious responses to vital moral questions like marriage, euthanasia, prejudice and discrimination.
- To help students appreciate the contribution religion makes to modern life in a variety of ways, e.g., through films, books, the law and so on.